Friday, May 12, 2017

Memories of the East Hanover Realm



In September 2016, the realm in East Hanover (Funplex) closed its doors forever. Magi Lutra and I paid one last visit a week before the closing, and I took lots of pictures to make sure I was able to remember as many details as possible. Unfortunately not all of the pictures turned out very well because my phone camera was struggling with the low light levels at some points, but I'm including even the bad ones because there won't be any future opportunities to visit this realm in person and photos are all we have left of it.

The pictures (mostly without commentary) are underneath the cut. Needless to say, this post is extremely picture-heavy, but hopefully it will give readers who never had a chance to visit it a sense of what this wonderful realm was like.

Read on for a last look...








Magi Lutra sadly surveying the almost empty store.



No wands were being sold. You could still use your own or rent one. There was a limited selection of magi equipment at a very discounted price.

Chuckled at this one, but it was sad, too.

















The Shield of Lightning - but we always heard it as Shield of Crikey.


Magi Lutra poses with her friend Eyeball Guy. That's our name for him, anyway.

Sleepy Charlock.










Brewing potions...






We don't know why the gargoyle sounds like he's from New York City, but we like him!
































Unfortunately there aren't too many locations left where you can visit Carren. This was one of them.



A fun quest you don't see very many places. Carren was the quest giver. The objective was to collect each ingredient and then dump it in the cauldron, which would bubble to indicate your success.












Farewell, Funplex! We will always remember this realm fondly. ~Annacat

1 comment:

  1. This place gives me nostalgia. I went there when I was 11 years old. I didn't even beat Charlock the red dragon! When I lost to him I cried. The Employee that worked at the Magi Store gave me a free crown!

    ReplyDelete