Sunday, May 21, 2017

A Visit to the Downers Grove Realm


I visited Adventure Realm for the first - and, sadly, also last - time during its final operating weekend. As I did with East Hanover, I'm sharing my pictures of it (again mostly without commentary) to preserve the memory of this incredible realm and its varied environment.

Needless to say, this post is picture heavy. Read on for a sort of virtual "tour" of MagiQuest at Downers Grove.


Didn't look like much from the outside - but the inside was magical!


The cottage. With the claw topper, you could summon Xavier by casting on the upper window.

The Music Rune, given by a Unicorn.

Quivermore the Bard.




 




The restaurant/"tavern" called the Crooked Crossbow Inn was a nice place for lunch.










Yes, that's a flute. It was for the Music Rune quest.


You'll need these!
























Not quite sure why some of the signs refer to a "lower level." There seemed to be just the one level...



















Another view of the tavern, as seen from the Enchanted Forest.





Becoming a Master Magi!

When you open the Master Magi chest, the Quest Master comes and gives a sort of graduation speech. Unfortunately there were no subtitles and there was a lot of background noise, so I have no idea what he actually said.

After you become a Master Magi, Carren has some quests for you...


The Keeper of the Stars tested the Master Magi's wits.

You'll need this too!

The Duelmaster appeared with some advice once I helped her.





I'm sad to see this realm go. It was a fantastic, magical experience. I'm just glad I got a chance to see it before it was gone. ~Annacat

3 comments:

  1. I actually visited this realm, and it was great! I passed on visiting the Mall of America location (big mistake), but this made up for it! As for the signs saying "lower level", this location was originally at Yorktown, a 2-story shopping center in Lombard, which is also in the Chicago area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only briefly visited the Mall of America location. I wish I'd had more time there!

      Thanks for solving the mystery of the lower level for us. It makes sense they would reuse the signs, but I was utterly baffled by them in a single-storey building. ;)

      ~Annacat

      Delete
  2. This was the realm i'd been going to for a few years, and I was sad to see it close. This was an amazing look at all it had to offer and it will forever be bookmarked for me to look over!

    ReplyDelete