Sunday, April 7, 2019

Things Afoot in the Poconos

Friends, all I wanted was fudge. But I found something much more intriguing than a sweet snack.

My trip back from visiting a friend in New Jersey took me right by the exit for the Poconos Great Wolf Lodge, and I stopped there for a quick food break. As you may recall, fudge is my favorite treat. The sweets shop had been replaced by a Ben and Jerry, so fudge was not on offer. But that is small potatoes compared to what happened next...




With no fudge available for me to eat, I decided to see if there was any cool new MagiQuest merchandise. Why waste a trip, after all? (Though as you will see, the trip turned out to be far from wasted.)

I've been to this particular GWL many times, and I'm very familiar with pretty much every inch of it. You can imagine my surprise and dismay, then, when the shop was barred off, the torches were dark, and the sign was gone. It looked like MagiQuest was closed down - and more than just temporarily!

I was confused, though, because I had seen people playing on my way to the shop. How were people still questing if MagiQuest was gone? As I was walking back to the stairs in dejection and confusion, I heard Charlock's voice.

If you haven't been to Scotrun, the MagiQuest shop is on the lowest floor, one level below the lobby, and the Dragon's Lair is on the top floor, two levels above the lobby. There was no way I would have been able to hear him from his lair. Something was afoot. So I followed the voice.

What I found startled me. They didn't get rid of the shop - they moved it to the other side of the lower level. It was in a completely redone area, and there was a giant statue of Charlock. It talked, and the eyes lit up.

Money was put into this. Not a small amount of money. Something is up. I was on a time limit, so I didn't get a chance to investigate more. I will be returning to the Poconos soon, though, and I will do my best to come back with the whole scoop!

There is just one concerning note here. As of my brief visit, ShadowQuest was offline. I didn't get a chance to look into why. It may just have been a glitch. I am not necessarily saying ShadowQuest is gone for good.

I am just reporting what I saw, which is: ShadowQuest was not available in Scotrun on the 1st of April. When I make my return trip, I'll report back on that too.

Stay magical, my friends!

~Annacat

No comments:

Post a Comment