Wednesday, March 14, 2018

MagiQuest Colorado Springs: Far from Blucifer's Baleful Gaze (a post by Lutra)

Hello folks, this is Lutra, and this is the realm that I visited! I also took my girlfriend here, and this was the first MagiQuest she’d ever been to. Would she like it, I wondered? Would she think it’s as fun as Annacat and I do? The answer my friends is yes, she loved it, and we are likely going to go again someday.

The outside doesn’t look like much. But boy ever does it make up for it inside!





The bulk of the questing area is surrounding the climbing playground, with the arcade section shooting off to the side. Charlock adventure is inside the part where you buy everything, Pixie Adventure along the side, and inside a dark, spooky dungeon is where Totem Masters and Goblin is located.



Unlike the bulk of the MagiQuests Annacat and I have been to, this one is pretty much brand new. It opened in 2016, and May of 2017 is when I visited. Like Fitchburg, it uses computer animation instead of live actors, and the Questmaster is replaced by the High Chronicler. And unlike all of the locations we went to, this one includes the Totem Masters, which has dozens and dozens of quests you have to fulfill before becoming a totem master yourself. I did not by far have time to do all the quests, especially those! My girlfriend was new to the whole MagiQuest experience, so we just did a few of the rune adventures.

Here in Vellara is where our story takes place. The High Chronicler isn’t in charge per se, but she keeps an eye on things!


The clans here are the same as the clans in Fitchburg: Kingbreakers, Portal Nomads, Shadowmancers, Truth Seekers, and World Singers. You can choose a personal clan, but it doesn’t have an effect on the quest itself. But I always find it fun, and I’m pretty sure I’d either be a Truth Seeker or Portal Nomad, but can never decide which.

Charlock is asleep, but he’ll wake up for the dragon adventure! (Also, unlike Charlock in Scotrun, this Charlock is a wyvern instead of a dragon. I mean, they call him a dragon, but two legs and claws on wings? Definitely a wyvern!)


The High Chronicler telling Lutra and Emily what we’ll be dealing with.


Unlike many realms, here you don’t get a physical copy of the Ancient Book of Wisdom. You download the app on your phone, and now...I guess your phone is ancient and wise. The downside is you can’t doodle in it and make notes, at least not as easily as when Annacat and I usually scribble on our books while balancing them on our thighs. The upside is you’ll never lose it!


Here’s what you need before you can embark on the Master Magi quest. Each adventure gets you specific runes needed, and you need all of them before the final challenge.


We didn’t even have time to get close to this, and alas for crappy phone picture, but here are the totems. I can almost guarantee the silly, derpy tree dog would be mine!


For some of the quests, you have to go to the portal that corresponds with an element. Also, if you need to check your progress at any time, you can check them via these portals as well as any of the stations or any of the keepers.







Cool wand gives you gold!


Isn’t this a great dragon?


Who is the Shadow Lord? I never got the chance to find out, but I assume he’s part of the Totem Masters questline. How spooky does this guy look! He’s in the same dungeon offshoot as the goblins. I can’t wait to someday find out his story and take him down if I have to!


Look at this goofy fella. He’s totally going to be my totem.


Emily and I found all of Princess Grace’s jewels and brought them back to her. Princess Grace is part of the Truth Seeker clan, and like Candace she uses the jewels to communicate with the stars.


Call me a gosh darn tourist all you want, but Pike’s Peak, you guys!


Mustache Bunny, beware, there’s a dragon right behind you!


There was so much more I wanted to explore about this realm, it’s honestly one of my favorites. The layout makes everything relatively easy to find while also feeling like you’re genuinely in a realm and not just an addendum to a GWL. The fact that the main area is surrounding the tree-themed playground makes it feel extra woodsy, the portals add to the magic aspect, and the spooky dungeon is extra spooky. I don’t know when I’ll get to go again, but I want to take Annacat, and my girlfriend wants to go again too. I was so happy she had a great time, I was worried that I had played up how much fun MagiQuest is and she’d be disappointed, but nope, she loves it too!

Bonus picture: you get a cape your first time, and Maur here, he loves wearing capes and collars. Look at this handsome fellow with a cute little soul patch. We all know cats are magic, after all!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me. pg slot

    ReplyDelete